- 26/10/2014 11:00Orquesta Didáctica Juvenil de Guitarras Alirio Díaz
- 26/10/2014 11:00Orquesta Sinfónica Simón Bolívar de Venezuela
- 30/10/2014 17:00Orquesta Barroca Juvenil Simón Bolívar
- 02/11/2014 11:00Sinfónica Juvenil Teresa Carreño de Venezuela
- 09/11/2014 11:00IX Festival de Juventudes Bancaribe
The National System of Youth and Children’s Orchestras and Choirs of Venezuela, commonly known as ‘El Sistema’, is a state funded organization. It was established in 1975 by maestro José Antonio Abreu for the purpose of systematizing music education and promoting the collective practice of music through symphony orchestras and choruses as a means of social organization and communitarian development.
Leo Blanco: “Mi carrera es un plato
con muchos ingredientes”
One of maestro Abreu’s dreams is to transform the conception of conservatories and traditional music schools from a theoretical and organizational point of view, as well as in terms of their mission and purpose. Hence, it has been of fundamental importance for El Sistema to plan and build appropriate facilities to stimulate the creative process and hold events featuring national and international talents.
From a functional, educational, artistic and administrative point of view, El Sistema is made up of Núcleos. The Núcleos are community-based centers wherein the Simón Bolívar Music Foundation’s orchestral and choral programs, as well as the educational, artistic and cultural activities of the communities, are developed.