- 20/11/2014 16:00Orquesta Sinfónica Juvenil e Infantil Generalísimo Francisco de Miranda, La Vela de Coro
- 21/11/2014 16:00Orquesta Sinfónica Juvenil e Infantil Las Panelas
- 21/11/2014 17:00Orquesta Sinfónica Juvenil e Infantil Núcleo Santa Ana
- 21/11/2014 17:00IX Festival de Juventudes Bancaribe
- 21/11/2014 17:30Orquesta Sinfónica de Falcón
The National System of Youth and Children’s Orchestras and Choirs of Venezuela, commonly known as ‘El Sistema’, is a state funded organization. It was established in 1975 by maestro José Antonio Abreu for the purpose of systematizing music education and promoting the collective practice of music through symphony orchestras and choruses as a means of social organization and communitarian development.
Leo Blanco: “Mi carrera es un plato
con muchos ingredientes”
One of maestro Abreu’s dreams is to transform the conception of conservatories and traditional music schools from a theoretical and organizational point of view, as well as in terms of their mission and purpose. Hence, it has been of fundamental importance for El Sistema to plan and build appropriate facilities to stimulate the creative process and hold events featuring national and international talents.
From a functional, educational, artistic and administrative point of view, El Sistema is made up of Núcleos. The Núcleos are community-based centers wherein the Simón Bolívar Music Foundation’s orchestral and choral programs, as well as the educational, artistic and cultural activities of the communities, are developed.